Flight of the Dragons
The Flight of the Dragons is our annual mile and half mile swim. At the end of the season, we challenge our swimmers complete 1 mile (1/2 mile for our younger Dragons) during their normal practice time. This event shows how far our swimmers have come since May.
The mile swim is a fun team building activity. After swimmers complete their mile (or give it their best), they are rewarded with a yummy treat!
For this event, we need volunteers to count and record laps for each swimmer. We also need families to donate food items, and to help serve the food. More details to come about this year's Flight of the Dragons.
Team Pasta Dinner
Join us as we prepare for the Championship Meet, the FINALS.
We will have a short family style practice in the pool at 5pm: all family members of Dragons who are capable swimmers may join practice in the pool
After practice, we will head to the pavilion by the playground to enjoy a potluck meal.
Please sign up for items on the team website.
Desserts with Dragons
Desserts with Dragons is our annual end-of-season awards ceremony. After the championship meet, the Finals, we celebrate our swimmers and their successes over the summer season. We recognize our volunteers, and our senior swimmers. We come together one last time during the season for a little fun.
This event is casual and fun, and there are lots of delicious desserts!
For this event, we ask each family to bring a dessert or drink to share. The coaching staff and board are responsible for awards.
We need you!
We are looking for a few adults to form a committee to plan and implement social and team building activities for our swimmers.
Below are a few social and team building activities from previous years:
- Swim Buddies program, which builds camaraderie between swimmers of various age groups; provides a support network for swimmers at swim meets, and fosters team spirit and involvement
- Poster Making and Popsicles, during practice the day before a swim meet
- Spirit Nights at local establishments, such as Sonic, Sweet Frog, Ledos Pizza, etc.
- Pasta Dinner, in preparation of the Finals, we have a team dinner and prepare goodie bags for each swimmer.
- Movie night in the YMCA gym with concessions